Tuesday, February 26, 2013

More Challenges for My Students

In reading through the resources I found this week about differentiating, I came to the conclusion that I need to provide more challenges for my students with higher abilities. I think independent projects would be a good way to do this. Some projects related to topics we are studying in science would work well. Right now I have some students working on posters giving examples of renewable and nonrenewable resources. A way to make this even better would be for them to make use technology to explain or define topics. They could make brochures or posters with a computer program. Using Xtranormal may be a fun way for students to show what they know. In fact, while reflecting on these resources I decided to start one of my students on doing an Xtranormal cartoon to explain about nonrenewable resources. A couple of good resources that helped me come to this conclusion are below: http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fteachingasleadership.org%2Fsites%2Fdefault%2Ffiles%2FRelated-Readings%2FIPD_Ch8_2011.pdf&ei=zUotUf3zIeH0iwL_tIHABg&usg=AFQjCNGfc_zyuGugtoTvFgWLqeMgU Differentiation in a Third Grade Math Class A Teacher’s Guide to Differentiating Instruction | Education.com

No comments:

Post a Comment