Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Learning Week 4

Our group has met a couple times on Eluminate. Our project is starting to take on some form as we try to figure out exactly how we want to do it. We each have assigned rolls. I am working with analyzing a learning style inventory that I did with my third grade class. Right now I am working on figuring out what the results mean for my class and how I can use them to make my students’ class experience even better. I enjoy meeting with my group as we discuss not only our project, but questions we have about other topics as well. I find that this way, where there is only a few of us, and one conversation (or possibly two if one is in the chat box) going on at a time, suits my learning style much better. I continue to check out Twitter (by way of Tweet Deck) at least once a day to see what is being said. I do find some links to some great resources. It is kind of hit and miss however, since it’s hard to have much of a review or explanation on Tweets for me to know if it’s something that would pertain to my situation. I also read several blogs. It’s enjoyable to read the different writing styles of the authors. I have found some that I really enjoy. I don’t always get to the newspaper every day, but when I do there is usually a blog or something that I get good information from. I am learning a lot from my learning network. One thing I need to work on is commenting more when I find something useful that someone has shared. I do comment some, but I think this is one area that I could improve on in the MOOC. I hope that I am providing some good resources that are helpful to others as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment