Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Technology tools to manage and track differentiated students’ progress in my classroom.

Technology tools to manage and track differentiated students’ progress in my classroom. One program that we use that does a great job is Accelerated Math. It has different libraries of objectives. In my third grade class I have some working in the 2nd grade library, the majority in the third, and right now one in the 4th grade. Within those libraries, students are working on different objectives. Students work problems and put their answer on a scan card that gets scanned into the computer. The computer will flag for me if they are struggling with a certain objective. It also tells me when they are ready to test on objectives. Study Island is an online program where students work on problem in reading and math that are correlated with the GLE for each grade. They earn blue ribbons once they have mastered an objective. It is a great program for them to track how they are doing. I am able to see at a glance how the class is doing as well. I am still researching other sites that can be used to track and manage student progress. I really would like to find a site that helps them track their own progress in an efficient and useful way.

No comments:

Post a Comment